Sunday, May 18, 2014

Am I Old Fashioned?



Let’s see, I remember when tips were for people who actually provided some sort of personal service for me, personally. Now I know it’s really difficult to pour a cup of coffee -I drip all the time- so perhaps this is a skill that should be rewarded with a tip. Coffee is also dangerously hot so maybe hazard pay is also in order. I expect any day now my wife will place a tip jar on the kitchen counter next to the receipt for a pair of asbestos gloves. Will I tip her? Youbetcha.

I remember life before cellular phones. Has the smart phone made my life easier? Hmmm…, the jury’s out on this one.

Smartphone Downside:

I don’t have an excuse for not calling people right back.

I take terrible “Selfies”.

“Stocks App” – I don’t have any stocks and it makes me feel inadequate.

It’s impossible to misplace a pay phone.

Smartphone Upside:

I no longer have to wrestle a drug dealer out front of the Quickie-Mart to use the pay phone.

Don’t have to memorize phone numbers.

With the “Map” function, I can always find my way home (My wife will argue whether or not this is an upside).

I can use the “Selfie” function on the camera to make sure there’s nothing stuck in my teeth (See wife comment above).

No comments:

Post a Comment